Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A New Challenge

I'm afraid that the uveitis has claimed much of Lutine's sight over the summer since the last lot of photos were taken and so I haven't ridden her since. However, I'm hopeful that she can recover some of what was lost; I have another horse with the same condition who has recovered some of her lost sight recently. At the moment Lutine's eyes are clouded inside by the inflammatory debris from the recent acute phase of uveitis but I know from experience that it's possible to clear this debris to an extent. The retina can also be damaged but again, I've experience now of using various things to kick start the retinal cells again. So for the moment I am keeping my fingers crossed and working hard to stabilise her eyes and to recover whatever sight is possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home